Monday, July 12, 2010

Inspiration from Nature Monday, July 12, 2010

My inspiration for my clothing comes in many different forms.  Sometimes I see a dress or pants and really like a certain element of the piece that I try to recreate with my own interpretation.  Usually I find lovely fabric that I have no idea what I will make with it, but once I get it home and put it with some other fabrics, a design comes to mind.  My favorite is when that inspiration comes to me through nature.  I once read some where that color combinations from nature provide a perfect foundation for color harmony.
This weekend we had a wonderful family day at Brookfield Zoo and spent some awe inspiring time in the butterfly habitat. 





This was my simple design idea from my inspiration, some cute butterfly appliqued onesies. 




 If you know anything about me, it is that I love ruffles!  These onesies are begging for some ruffles, I am just not sure if I want ruffle bums, ruffle diaper covers or ruffle capris.  Decisions, decisions...check back to see what I pair with these onesies.

1 comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue on July 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM said...

We love the butterfly habitat too, its so fun to get close to them. Your new design is adorable!
Londen

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, so please let me know what you think!

Statcounter