Saturday, July 03, 2010

Dying to Dye Saturday, July 03, 2010

For quite sometime now, I have really wanted to try to dye some onesies and burp cloths.  Of course I couldn't pick a more boring color to want to dye something, but grey was my choice.  I love grey; on me, my kids, babies, for home decor...I just love grey!  I thought I would start out pretty simple and see what results I would get, so this was what I used.
I got out my rubber gloves and followed the directions using the washing machine method and I almost can't believe how easy it was!  I dyed about a dozen onesies and was pleasantly surprised at how even the color turned out.
Before and After

The color did come out a little darker than I was hoping, but I am still very pleased.  I did attempt to dye some onesies that had a little extra love in the form of fruit stains on them, but those were still noticeable.

The reason that I wanted to chose grey for my onesies, besides loving the color, was because I knew it would make the other colors I would be using really pop and I think it did.  The onesies are appliqued with some cuteness and of course the pretty in pink hippo onesie was begging for a ruffle bum!





For truly such minimal effort, I can't wait to try to dye some more items! 

2 comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue on July 4, 2010 at 7:50 AM said...

Heather you are so right, the gray is a perfect choice.
Absolutely Adorable!
Londen

Michelle Hughes on July 6, 2010 at 1:09 PM said...

I would love to try to dye some stuff... but I am a little scared that it will leave dye in the gasket of my front loader... do you have one and any tips? I love your stuff!

Michelle

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments, so please let me know what you think!

Statcounter